Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Parrot Espresso @ Alor Setar

When I was working in Kedah, I kept looking for coffee shops. Working sometimes is stressful. Thus, try to give yourself a break and pamper yourself, such as going spa or enjoying a cup of coffee.
 

A friend of mine introduced me many places to eat good food. She also introduced this coffee shop, Parrot Espresso. She said that this shop is newly opened in the "Chinese town" (where mostly Chinese shops located there). She has never been there before, but she heard good reviews about it.



The shop located at the corner of shop lots and easily been spotted cuz the shop is facing the main route. The shop looks simple outside and cozy indoors. They have sofas around the corner for those groups of people who came.


When you come in this coffee shop, they seem like having limited seats. Just 2-3 tables only. Who really knows? You can sit behind the cafe, facing the river and a gigantic yet beautiful mosque (which is nearby) and relish the wind.


I suggest you not to choose and sit there in the afternoon. I bet the high temperature and the sun blazing is not good to you. Hehe. We got there in the evening, around 5pm or 6pm. It is the time sun setting low. Add one more point: enjoy the sunset scene.


Order must placed and payment made at the counter first before you sit down. Then, the staff will serve you. No worries of being self service. I ordered Steamer and Lychee Rossa Crepe. My co-worker ordered a Caramel Macchiato and Boston Cheese Cake.


Steamer is not a coffee base beverage. It is a sort of syrup (I'm dunno what flavor for blue syrup) and steamed milk. I was thus attracted to this drink (well, cuz the colour) when I was checking on their Facebook page. When I sipped... you know what it means curiosity kills the cat? It's taste nothing but milk. And I don't prefer milk cuz I have a very low milk tolerance.


The lychee Rossa crepe. If your comparing Nadeje crepes with this, you may say this is not equally good as Nadeje ones. But for a good crepe, this one is good. Each layer is full with cream and you can try the lychee within it. The rose petals alone taste a bit bitter, but when you eat together with the crepe, you can't taste the bitterness.


I should have ordered the Caramel Macchiato.  It does not taste overly sweet nor too bitter for me. It's all just perfect. Even there is steamed milk in creating this, the espresso has overpowered the milky smell or taste.


I did not have the opportunity to taste the Boston Cheesecake. My colleague finished it when I was busying taking photos of the cake and drink. Darn it. My male colleague just commented two words. "Not bad". Thanks bro.


While enjoying the cake, the weather is so good as it was windy, not too hot or too sunny and we get to enjoy the sunset view. Even the river water is muddy looks, it still does not affect this beautiful scene. Life is right if you can enjoy once in a month.


Overall, their:
♤ Menu: Simple.
♤ Food: Their cakes are good!
♤ Beverage: Except the Steamer, others still good! 
♤ Environment: Perfect view of sunset, nature view and enjoy-the-moment view.
♤ Price: Reasonable. Almost same price as the other coffee shop.



I will never forget the enjoying time when I  was in Alor Setar.

95, Pekan Cina,
Alor Setar.
Phone no.: 04-731 0232

Operating hours: Mon-Sun (12pm to 12am)




Behind the scene: Enjoying the cake! Haha

xoxo, 
your lil BFF  ♡♡ 

No comments:

Post a Comment