Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Antipodean Bangsar @ Jalan Telawi 2

Oh my gawd. One month passed since my last post. Ughh... Workload keep increasing and never lesser. Then, Chinese New Year. More busy in preparing for Chinese New Year. Anyway, let's talk about food rather than my busy schedule.

Everyone loves to wake up late on weekends, who doesn't? Enjoying your weekends after having a tough week in your job or studies. Finding yourself waking up in the late of morning, you sure are hungry. No worries. Brunch is now the trend to the people.


Antipodean is famous for its Western-styled breakfast and brunch sets. My family and I visited their first cafe (if I'm not mistaken), which is located Jalan Telawi 2, Bangsar. Antipodean now have 3 branches which one is located at the Jalan Tun Razak and one found in Midvalley.



When we reached the cafe, this place is totally fully seated! Since I have a large-sized family, we were asked to be seated at the first floor. Before we went upstairs, the boss kindly asked us to snap photos of their menu. At first, I thought they have limited menu books. Who knows? Their menu are written on the wall!


The main menu/course: The Breakfast section, The After 11am menu, and also Anytime Waffles menu.


The side menu/beverage: the cakes, biscuits, wine, bottled beer, and other beverages such as coffees, teas, fruit juices,sodas and others. *No Separate Bills Please!* I noticed they also served the Kopi Luwak, but it costs RM40 per cup!!! (o.O)


While the coffee counter/bar downstairs busy preparing the beverages, here, the bar was "abandoned". Mostly likely is because the first floor (the furniture and fittings looked new to me!) just renovated recently. All the food and beverages were transported to upstairs from ground level.



Cream Orange Tea, Fluffy Babycino, Hot Chocolate and Hot Latte.
Espresso, Ice Honey Lemon and Cappucino.

Of course I didn't taste every single of them, except my Babycino. When I ordered that, the waitress kindly explained what is Babycino and reconfirmed the order with me. Maybe in the past, there was customers ordered it without knowing what it was. Then, customers disappointed and argued with the staff? Babycino is made of almost 80% - 90% of foam, balance with espresso and marshmallows.




Both photos showed the Big Breakfast set with the choice of different type of sausages. The left photo is the breakfast set with the pork sausage and the right one is come with chicken sausage. The Big Breakfast has a slice of toast, hashbrown, scrambled egg, mushroom and a choice of sausage or bacon. I definitely love how the mushroom cooked! Yums!!!


The classic breakfast, French Toast with bacon and maple syrup. I didn't get the chance to taste this! My aunty finished this fast! Now I'm craving for this sweet thing :(


Waffle with Butterscotch + (vanilla) ice-cream. I still prefer pancakes with maple syrup as my breakfast. This is more like a dessert for me!


Eggs Benedict with bacon (included toast and salads). Ohh, this is another 'seductive' breakfast to me! Look how perfectly the eggs benedict done!


Since some of us ordered the Big Breakfast set, I decided to go with All Day Breakfast set. At first, I thought this meal will be more smaller portion than the Big Breakfast (the name gives me that vibe!). Mana lah I tau.... When the waitress served me this, I totally speechless! Haha. There is toast, selection of bacon/chicken/beef/pork sausage, baked beans, scrambled eggs and grilled tomatoes. If this portion is not much, you can have an add-on such as mushrooms or hasbrowns.



I can't take in those raw food (like sashimi)/semi cooked food. My big sis have this, the Smoked Salmon Omelette (on a toast).


Last, but least. The Cheese + Mushroom Omelette. Those cheese lovers definitely love this! The cheese oozed out from the omelette when my lil sis cut half of it. Definitely yumz!


To summarize, their...
♤ Menu: On wall! Flipping menu not needed.
♤ Food: Portion, some large but some moderate. Best brunch ever had so far!
♤ Beverage: Depends on people taste. For me, I love coffee goes with my breakfast
♤ Environment: Quite limited seats. Staff are friendly. 
♤ Price: Affordable.

Antipodean Bangsar,
No 20, Jalan Telawi 2,
Bangsar,
Kuala Lumpur.
Phone: +603-2282 0411
Email: bangsar@antipodeancoffee.com
Website: http://www.antipodeancoffee.com/v2/

Operating hours: Sun-Thu : 0800-2200 and Fri - Sat: 0800-2300.

Note: No reservation!

xoxo,
Your lil BFF 

No comments:

Post a Comment