Friday, June 13, 2014

KiKi Taiwan Cuisine @ KLCC

Ever heard of the famous Taiwanese cuisine that everyone is talking about, known as Fong Lye Restaurant? Its food is good and also affordable to consider when your wallet/purse is half-emptied after spent in bulk shopping.. And you don't want to eat economic rice or MacDonald anymore!

However this post is not about Fong Lye Restaurant. Its about KiKi Taiwan Cuisine, which owned by Fong Lye Restaurant. Basically KiKi is the sister company of Fong Lye.



When I first heard the restaurant name, I thought is the magical girl who used her broom to deliver parcel in the town. The movie is Kiki's Delivery Service, a production of Studio Ghibli.


But when I saw the restaurant signboard, i thought maybe the owner likes the black cat in Kiki's story cuz the restaurant has cat icon.. I DON'T KNOW! It's just my point of view!


It's located on the 4th floor in Suria KLCC. my friend and I decided to go the there for dinner after did our last minutes bulk shopping on the last day of  International Beauty Expo (IBE) 2014 at the KLCC Conventional Centre.


We bought a lot good stuffs at the expo! That's the reason we are looking for not fast food, affordable and nice food.. cuz we went broke from bulk shopping (T○T). Just stay tune for my next post about our haul from IBE 2014!!

Back to KiKi, we reached the restaurant around 7.30pm and its packed with people. We have to wait for 10mins till our turn to go in, sit down and eat dinner.

I had a cool noodle with sesame sauce set. The noodle is a cold dish, advisable to those hate cold food, please don't think consider this as your meal.


The set came with some side dishes and a small pot of soup. The side dishes consist of meat cooked with sweet and spicy sauce, crunchy fried yam in honey and deep fried.. perhaps wanton? I'm not quite sure the golden wrap is what but inside the golden wrap, there are mayonnaise and a bit vegetables. 

The photo shows the 'raw' noodle cuz I haven't mixed up the sauce and noodle. The noodle is a bit spicy.. don't worry. Its not spicy like the chilli pan mee! The sauce kinda thick and a bit powdery taste. I think they ground the sesame.. Overall, the noodle is good.

Even though mine is good, my friend's noodle seems tastier to me. However, hers is Taiwan Braised Beef Glass Noodle set. I can't eat beef.... I keep eyeing her glass noodle... LOL.

I didn't get the chance to taste hers cuz I'm too hungry to gobble mine.  The soup very thick like lam mee. Since the noodle is glass noodle (Chinese called as thong fan), the noodle is very smooth to eat in. Her side dishes are same like mine too.


Overall, the food is good and the price is affordable as both of us only paid RM20++!

Kiki Taiwan Cuisine,
Lot 426-427,
4th Floor,
Suria KLCC,
Kuala Lumpur City Centre,
50088 KL.
Tel: 03-2166 9699  Fax: 03-2171 1699

xoxo,
your lil BFF♡

No comments:

Post a Comment