Tuesday, May 20, 2014

NW Galaxy Road Run 2014 (2nd Series)



Last Sunday,  I joined a marathon fun run which was my first 'marathon' in my life.. And it was a 10km run in 2 hours.

That time when I registered in (it was my workplace's senior 'encouraged' my friend and I to join), my thinking is that, "Man, I just submitting myself to hell toughest challenge I ever face.  But I'm not a person who will just give up without even trying out. 

So, I trained myself for past weeks, 2 sessions jogging a week in the park or running on threadmill. At least be prepared rather none.  

The Saturday's night was terrible. I can't slept in! The dog was barking behind my house, my siblings having zombie assination next room, one was watching HK drama with loud speaker... Even I able to shut them out, still I can't slept. Maybe the reason I'm unable to sleep is because of my nervousness.  "This is my first marathon. What if I'm unable to finish it within 2 hours? So many seniors there and they are pros.."  So many things running in my mind till 4am.

18th May 2014, my judgement day the race day is finally here! After fetched my friend, we reached the location, Padang Merbok around 5.30am and met up with our colleagues.

Lemme show you the map of 10km run.


At 6.30am, the 10km Category flagged off. Race starts! As expected, it was not easy but not an impossible mission to finish the track. The track seems short?

Don't fooled by it! The route is not straight route or highway. The track is mostly small hills. We need run jog walk up the hill then down.. Then up, down...

Me and my friend were walking and enjoying scenery and happily chatting the 3/4 of the route. Hahax

But we did it!! We able to finish the run within 2 hours!! Just took 1 hour and half only!! Not bad for my first marathon!

We received medals as we finished in the time frame. The feeling of achieving impossible is so good. I will join/register for next marathon (but max is for 10km, not more than 10km!)

Join us for marathon! For better lifestyle and at the same time achieving something, have fun!!

xoxo,
your lil BFF


No comments:

Post a Comment