Monday, August 18, 2014

Sanuki Udon @ Taman Bukit Desa

Whenever I was sick or does not have the mood to eat much or my purse quite 'empty' (means poor), I most likely will choose light food to eat. So, one of my favourite food during that 'period' is udon. Udon is a Japanese noodle soup which the noodle is made from wheat flour. Usually udon is served in light brown soup which is a light soy sauce based.  



So, to get my 'sick-people-meal' will be Sanuki Udon in Taman Bukit Desa. As you can see/hear the name of the shop, it is specialized in making udon. For your general knowledge, sanuki udon  (讃岐うどん is actually a type of udon noodle which is popular in Shikoku region. 

Sanuki Udon is one of cheap food that you can find in Klang area! Cuz each of their food is only within the range of RM1 to RM10! The food portion is quite average, but for those have good appetite than me, will having two bowls of udon instead one. Even you eat more than one bowl, you will not be facing a huge damage to your wallet/purse lah. 


As usual, we love to drink green tea when eating Japanese cuisine. Plus green tea is a good detox agent. And my lil sis showing off her nails...


Recently,  I quite fond with this healthy "snack", Edamame. At first, I don't really like the peas. But after I tried them out, they are quite a good snack to chew in mouth. Healthy. Green. Not oily or preservatives.


I ordered a Wakame Udon, which have seaweeds as the noodle's topping. Another thing I like this restaurant is that they put lots lots of vegetables in the udon. I'm a vege lover, so... THUMBS UP!


The broth is quite light as is based on light brown soy sauce (if I'm not mistaken) and it is not salty. 很够味 (In chinese term means the taste just... cukup rasa. Lol I dunno how to express in english). If you prefer a spicy broth, you can either add chilli powder or dry chillies that the shop prepared.


We want to try the cold udon, so we ordered the cold version of House Special with Egg. I personally not really into cold type of food, but this one is really superb! It's not very cold noodle like I thought in mind and the egg is half cooked/boiled. So the egg yolk can mixed up with the udon. Yum yum.


Ever heard Tan Tan Udon? This is the first time I encounter this type of udon from all the Japanese cuisine restaurant. I googled it and found out 'tan tan udon' is a type of udon with mince meat topping. 

This Tan Tan Udon is dry type like 'wantan mee' which the udon has minced meat with some kind of sauce as the topping. The sauce seems like ketchup sauce to me (which used for pasta one). Even though we can't identify the ingredients at that time,  the udon is taste good and yum. 


We also tried their curry udon. At first, I thought the curry udon will be like those curry ramen from other Japanese restaurant which the broth is quite thick. However, when the waiter served us the udon, surprisingly the curry is light broth, like normal mee soup. 

As usual, the Japanese curry is not very spicy and also have a bit sweetness in it. The curry udon is only so-so, not like the other udon we tried. 

Total bill for all of this food is not more than RM30! Cheap, right?! You still can eat till full but the food prices are not very damaging to your wallet/purse. This Sanuki Udon is totally my favourite place to come whenever I'm poor or sick. 

Sanuki Udon, 
9, Jalan Bukit Desa 5,
Taman Bukit Desa, 
Jalan Klang Lama,
58100 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel no.: 03-7980 3704

Closed on Mondays.

xoxo,
Your lil BFF ♡♡

No comments:

Post a Comment